My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Friday, June 17, 2011

On the Road Again

Last Saturday I hit the road again. I packed up the show and left New Orleans for the summer. The first portion of the trip consisted of 1,050 miles from New Orleans to Omaha Nebraska.

The drive was rural for most of the day. I spent a good deal of time driving through little highways through Arkansas. I even saw a sign that said , "Egypt 5 Miles" that I am convinced is the source of the term, "Bum Fuck Egypt." Not long after leaving that place I nearly got caught in a storm that seemed more like a brewing tornado. But what do I know, I am from California.

I stayed Saturday night in a little motel in West Plains, Missouri. After checking in, cleaning up, and motivating myself to move after driving nearly 600 miles by myself, I checked out the local honky tonk.
This place, called "The Spot" had several pool tables, a dance floor, cover band and nice bartenders. I met two people, one was from California and the other from Louisiana. So much for meeting the locals.


Sunday I headed through Missouri, to Kansas City, Iowa and then Omaha. I met up with my old friend Wes who toured me around town. I ate some great BBQ, saw Warren Buffet's modest little house, and of course, shot a few games of pool in downtown Omaha.

Tuesday we headed to Denver to hang with my old roommate. It's been a blast and my hangover will probably last for a few days. I saw downtown Denver, played pool a few times, and chilled.


Tomorrow the next leg of the adventure will begin, although I am not sure yet which way the wind will take us. Perhaps Yellowstone, but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment