My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Times Change

I just pulled up my blog to look at a post that I wrote a few years ago and realized that I have abandoned my blog like a baby on the steps of a church. When I began this blog, I used it as a coping mechanism to deal with strife I was enduring at a difficult point in my life. As I look back on this snapshot of what my life used to be, I am overjoyed with the thought of change. I am reminded that no matter how bad things are, they eventually change for the better. Back then I was suffering through the misery of a tumultuous relationship, graduate school, and the aftermath of my dad's death. Things have changed radically since that point, which maybe explains why the urge to blog has subsided as I busy myself with yoga, teaching, being self-employed, and other activities.

Yoga is my current preoccupation and it is bringing me to a much more peaceful place than I was years ago. I am still in New Orleans, have been through three Mardi Gras, and am looking forward to Jazz Fest next week. I am embracing change and putting into practice the idea of life as a constantly changing and dynamic experience.

1 comment: