My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, February 13, 2011

He’s Got Five on It

 

I always look for signs. Not in a Tesla, “sign, sign everywhere a sign” or “no right turn on red” kind of way. My parents raised me to believe that even in the darkest hour, rays of hope can be found in the finer details of life.

On Tuesday I received some life changing news that I have yet to decide if they will bring a blessing or a curse. Although I will not elaborate upon the news here, I can say that I headed to the bar after I alerted my close family members and friends. 

So, as per usual I headed to the bar with my roomie. Whilst in the process of trying to wrap my mind around what I just heard and grabbing a cocktail, the bartender gave me back a five dollar bill.

pray always

Front: Pray Always

study the

Back: Study the Torah which is God’s teachings and instructions.

The timing of this change was impeccable and I was shocked to find that this quote used the Jewish term Torah instead of Bible. I felt like this money fell right into my hands at an opportune moment. Cute, eh? Well, the story doesn’t end here.

I had made up my mind that I wasn’t going to spend this five dollar bill. However, I looked around for it on Thursday and it was gone. I probably spent it on something stupid and I was a little angry with myself that I had let it go.

Yesterday I took my car into get fixed and I decided to stop at a little taco place on Buford Hwy for carne asada. After I ordered, I wanted to play the jukebox and I went to ask for change.

What landed in my hand? None other than the same five dollar bill I spent a day earlier. Needless to say, I went to the synagogue for the first time in nearly year after that occurred.   

No comments:

Post a Comment