My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Retail Therapy

 

The best way to conquer purgatorial uneasiness is to head to the mall.

I was supposed to hear back about my dissertation prospectus on Thursday. On Friday morning I shook off my hangover and emailed them, only to hear that they will not have a decision until Tuesday.

So I did what any other girlie-girl would do and headed to the mall. I checked out Perimeter Mall for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. This mall has a Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Forever 21 and even a See’s candy.

First stop was Macy’s. They are having a “wear red” sale this weekend. Dressed up in my red dress from H&M I hit the store and was shocked by the deals that I found. I bought two dresses, one is a super tight black sweater dress and the other is a cobalt blue leopard (print pictured below) party dress. After the sale discount, I got the two dresses for under ten bucks.

blue leopard

Next stop, Forever 21. I didn’t even know they had this store in GA. I bought a cute long sleeve knit dress in teal with a ruffled collar and a pair of earrings. Also a great bargain!

earrings2

Green dress

After finding these great deals, I went to Sephora and bought a couple of items: Clinique foundation, Purity face wash, and make-up primer.

I think retail therapy worked wonders for me today. It’s far more effective than seeing a shrink, when I used to do that I would come home and cry. When I use mall therapy, I usually come home and try on clothes-- A much healthier coping mechanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment