My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall Thus far

Time sure passes by quickly when you are having fun.
I just realized that it has been two months since I last updated my blog. I think it is starting to feel like an orphan webpage that no one writes or reads anymore. So in the interest of my blog's feelings and my creative impulses, I will bring it up to date with news, juicy gossip, photos and of course, travel stories.

After I started teaching sociology early in the fall, I landed two other jobs. The one I am most excited about is a contract ethnographer. The work is very interesting, I get to interview people in their homes and videotape our interviews. What is even better about the position is that I get the opportunity to travel. I have been to Atlanta, Washington DC and Chicago in the past three weeks.


The best thing about being a gypsy spirit like me is that I seem to have friends in every major US city. I got the chance to meet up with 5 of my old friends when I was in Atlanta, see my asshole brother and my BFF Stephanie in DC, and hang out with my old friend Mitch in Chicago.
Mitchie Poo

Chicago Beach


In addition to having the best job on planet earth, I have also lost 9 lbs recently. I liberated myself from four years of low carb turmoil and jumped on the low calorie high exercise bandwagon. I have been working out in some form or fashion 5-6 times per week. A major accomplishment in spite of my pack a day smoking habit.



Some additional points of excitement:
I am heading to Las Vegas for my big 30 in December

I bought a pool table
I love teaching sociology
I have transitioned from unemployed to self-employed
My shopping addiction is still in full swing--see next post for images
Life is good
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment