My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Five Things You Should Know About Me (and my blog)



1. Grammar and Style. I know how to write. I know all the rules. Don’t end a sentence in a predicate, I before E except after C, use a strong thesis statement, etc. I know these things and I teach them to my students. However, my purpose in writing this blog is to defy all of the rules and use run-ons like they are sweet waterfalls that run life into this new genre of writing that I am beginning to explore.

2. I address this blog to the general public (usually encapsulated in my form of address as “folks”). But I know that my only follower is my mom. But I remain hopeful that some others might read this and get a laugh.


3. I am a disgruntled academic. I have touched on this a few times, but I thought I should just put it out there in case folks haven’t gathered this yet.

4. I don’t plan on linking this to my facebook. I have been on that site for over 4 years and it feels more alienating than anything. So many of my worlds are mixed in my 600 friends that I don’t want to post anything on there anymore for fear that the wrong person will get the wrong idea of me.

5. I love photographs more than life itself. Plan to see them with every post. If I stop posting photos, you may want to see if I am running a fever (you might think this only applies to my mom, but I am not opposed to care from perfect strangers as well. And I love chicken soup in case that day comes and I get sick and don’t post photos and you want to help me in my time of need. The chunky variety is the best)

No comments:

Post a Comment