My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Purgatorial Pool

8ball2 As my current purgatorial state ensues until further notice (as to be determined by the powers that be), my desire to relax as possible before the storm clouds of stress come pouring through increases. This is what led me to a pool hall alone, setting out to shoot an amazing game to ease my stress. Mind you, my car is on vacation in sunny California until further notice, so its just me and my rusty old chevrolegs. Ok, I lie. It was only me and my taxi legs by the time I walked 2 blocks away and saw a really scary looking white van that was paying me no notice at all but completely freaked me out. 
I shot some mean games of pool, told someone off for insinuating that I can’t play when I first arrived, and overall felt good about my game. The only problem is that I showed off too much. I took too many left-handed shots behind my back (it looks really cool and I can do it), and woke up today with a thrown out back. Lucky for me, the confluence of Atlanta foggy-rainy-hot-humidity and my current state of purgatory have led me to believe that I am not missing a thing by stretching out on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment