My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chick Flicks

Last night I had a mini-chick flick marathon. After a full day of reading masculinist debates concerning Marx, Weber, violence and state formation, some good old fashioned excessive femininity was in order.

Chick Flick#1 Legally Blonde
Elle Woods is awesome. I love the whole concept of the west coast girl feeling completely out of place among east coast university folks. Not that I have ever been at Harvard, but I kind of know how she feels. More importantly, her consistent retreat to the nail salon is right up my alley, I personally think that there are very few problems that can't be alleviated by a trip to the nail salon! Here is my favorite scene, when Elle uses her knowledge of beauty to trip up the witness on the stand.



And this is how I often felt my first two years in an east coast grad school, this poor girl!






Chick Flick#2 Confessions of a Shopaholic

With my latest fashion obsession, I couldn't help myself. The clothes in this movie are fantastic and give me a lot of great ideas. It makes me want to run to H&M like its about to go out of business. This movie is also a lesson in what not to do with my credit cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment