My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pop Music Meets Stephen King

Pink's song, Please Don't Leave Me is one of my favorite's right now. Today, I watched the YouTube video and was blown away by the utter creep factor in this video: It's like Pink had Stephen King direct it. Two of the scenes are taken straight from his movies, one from Misery and the other from the Shining. Regardless of the creepy video content, this is a really good artistic representation of Borderline Personality Disorder. A friend of mine who is writing her dissertation on BPD made this observation and I completely agree with it.



Pink's video for Sober is also a bit disturbing, but for other (more perverse) reasons. Sober is my favorite Pink song, its pretty damned amazing. I am posting it here for your viewing pleasure: 


No comments:

Post a Comment