My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Monday, November 22, 2010

Discovering My Inner Fashionista

Once upon a time, I was a hippie, goth, anti-fashion bohemian--I hated shopping with a passion. Nothing fit right, I didn't want to look like everyone else, and I was radically opposed to the whole Los Angeles, rich-trendy-skinny scene. Things have changed. About 3 years ago I dropped 70 pounds. The clothes that I had left over from my teen years that fit me were no longer my style and I had to learn how to dress all over again. Thanks to the help of my awesome friends in L.A. (forget Georgia, they have the fashion sense of banjo players) I learned and got a whole new wardrobe.

Lately, getting dressed is my favorite part of my day. Shopping is the highlight of my week. I mean, with all of this academic weight on my shoulders, I deserve an outlet right? Granted I feel a little out of place in banjo-ville with all of my sweet clothes and good style, but I am enjoying finding my inner fashionista.

Here is my latest buy from H&M, my favorite place to find fashion on my pathetic student budget.





No comments:

Post a Comment