My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Journey Home

Thanksgiving weekend was a success. Yesterday I made the long trek back to Atlanta with a stop in Birmingham to pick up my roomie.

Here are a few highlights and observations.
1. Do not go to an outlet mall the weekend of Thanksgiving. The ladies at the coach store seem to grow fangs and extra arms for pushing you out of the way. Plus, since everything at the outlet mall is always on sale anyway, they seem to raise their prices rather than lower them on big shopping weekends. I mean, that's just a theory, but it seemed to be the case.

2. Everyone in Alabama seems to wear camouflage. Its freaky when you are just stopping at the nearest gas station to relieve yourself and all of the other patrons are decked out like they are about to go to war. Who knows, maybe this weekend everyone in Alabama was just getting out of black Friday shopping, it is a bit of a jungle out there. 

3. If you roll through Alabama blasting Lady Gaga and wearing a funky hat, sequin scarf and boots up to your knee, everyone you encounter in Alabama will ask you where you came from as though you just stepped out of an alien spacecraft. Its so funny, that I make an effort to dress extra funky just to see the looks on their faces when I hop out of my truck for coffee breaks.

1 comment:

  1. The scary part is those "lets wear combat gear for the holidays" types vote in huge numbers. Hence; Sarah Palin as a serious candidate in 2012. These people elected Bush twice, so don't underestimate their capacity for screwing up the country.

    ReplyDelete