My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Art, the Border, and Questioning Why My Dissertation Should Even Be Written

Ni Una Mas

They told me that I haven't answered the "so what" question. I call this the Passover Question, as I previously mentioned before.


If someone can tell me why it is not significant to study the most violent city in the world that puts places like Kabul and Baghdad to shame in terms of the sheer death count and the evil that runs rampant claiming the lives of 10 people per day, I will believe it.


Maybe something like this will work: in theory, people live to life expectancy. In Juarez, they live until a narco decides its execution time. Theorize that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming to you from Cindy's site! Such a cute comment to leave concerning her pearls! The funny thing is...I thought your Mom was probably about the age you are!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete