My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Lesson in Humility

So last night I was all ready to get started on some kind of spiritual diet. But, I learned today, getting on a spiritual diet of a balanced life is not like starting the Atkins Diet.

Here was my plan:
1. Wake up at 8:30
2. Meditate
3. Excercize
4. Start work by 10 am

Here is what actually happened
1. Awoke at 9
2. Meditated
3. Got really cold and decided to finish morning meditation in bed
4. Fell back to sleep
5. Woke up at 12:45
6. Started work at 1pm
7. Started procrastinating at 1:30


Maybe I should have listened when the Dalai Lama stressed humility and selflessness.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so mine would go more like this:

    Wake up 10:00
    Answer email til 12
    Work on art til 3 a.m.
    Somewhere in there, grab dinner.
    Prayer--actually throughout the day praying that I don't stress!
    If that doesn't work, I call you!
    You're a chip off the old block...lol
    Love,
    Mom
    XO

    ReplyDelete