My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Galveston Beach, TX

When I was 17, I was discussing Texas with a friend of mine. I said, “screw Texas, it doesn’t have a beach.” He aptly defended Texas and told me about Galveston Beach. Fast forward 11 years, I decided to stop there on my trip across country.
I must say, Galveston Island is like a little slice of Mexico in southern Texas. Its beautiful, inexpensive, and felt like I was on a serious vacation. Luckily, a bad rainstorm caused us to stay an extra day or two and we found the side of the beach that wasn’t destroyed by hurricane Ike: Tiki bars, beach front hotels, and Mexican restaurants line the part of the beach that’s called the Seawall. A lovely vacation in the middle of our adventure! 
Galveston 

No comments:

Post a Comment