My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Retail Therapy—The Fuchsia Obsession Continues

coat pic
Alright, I know I was planning on being all Zen, attaching myself to nothing, ridding myself of excess, etc. But sometimes a girl (even one who is striving for Enlightenment) needs to go shopping.

The coat pictured here has been on my mind for 3 weeks. I had a schoolgirl crush on the fuchsia satin and couldn’t get it off my mind. It didn’t call, it didn’t text, it didn’t Facebook. It just stayed on the rack looking beautiful for weeks as it continually ran through my mind.

Today, I broke down. It’s now mine to have and to hold and wear whenever I please.

The stats: Michael Kors, Size Small, Originally $200. 

After a run-in with the clerk, calling him a Nazi, starting a revolution with the other patrons, walking out, kissing the coat goodbye, and subsequently getting a call from the store manager asking me to come back, it was mine for only $75.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how we do it!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh--I am dyin' laughing!!! And the song--oh my gosh!!!

    How sad is this? While my daughter is out shopping for designer clothes, I am busy in the maquilladora doing my art...lol

    I thought I'd have you laughing right back after reading that one...But, it is reality!
    XO

    ReplyDelete