My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Empire State of Mind

Being from California, I have never been a big fan of the seasons. But on days like today I miss the fall in New York City. The sounds, smells, even sounds of the city as it enjoys those last days of good weather before the winter sets in. Its beautiful in Atlanta right now as it usually is, but for whatever reason, I long for a walk in Central Park to hear the leaves crunch under foot and see the changing leaves that shift with the pulse of the city. Although I felt somewhat lost for the years I lived in NYC, I always took solace in the aesthetic of the city. Long walks from Greenwich Village where I went to school to the Financial District where I lived always gave me perspective on life. I miss living in a city that only has to exist to give you perspective on your deepest feelings and desires. I never thought I would miss that place, but now I seem to be preoccupied with it. New York I love you.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're homesick for anywhere but Atlanta, but can't say as I blame you as this place has not been your "lucky charm!" But, things can change--you never know what could be ahead that's positive!!!
    XO
    Mom

    ReplyDelete