My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Unveiling

 

family shot

Today my brothers and their families are having a ceremony at my Dad’s gravesite that commemorates his passing and reveals his gravestone for the first time. I am very sad that I can’t be in attendance. I wrote something for my brother to read at the ceremony. Here is it:

Dad, over a year has passed since you left us, and everyday we miss you a little more. you were the best father anyone could ask for. You provided patience, understanding, and guidance throughout our lives. As each day passes, i find myself asking how you would answer the difficult questions that life confronts me with, what you would do in situations, and how you would tell me to face trying challenges. I miss the sound of your voice and hope that I will always be able to conjure it in my mind in the times that I need you the most. I love you dad.

1 comment: