My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Break-ups, Boots, and Indiana Jones



In my bummed out state my mind wanders a lot. For several hours, that scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where the guy rips out a still beating heart and shows it to his victim kept plaguing my thoughts. This is my filmic representation of the break-up I am currently enduring.


Rather than imagine anthropological parallels to having a broken heart, I did what was best for me: I went shopping, got my nails done and shot some pool. I got an awesome pair of boots from Macy's and some really cute tights with little stars in the stitch. The boots are super cute and go well with the new sweater (mentioned below) and some skinny jeans that I haven't been able to fit into a few years. I guess one good thing about being depressed is that you lose weight--I haven't been able to eat much since this all happened.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites. I saw it five times the week it came out and just watched it again the other night. Oddly enough, I was thinking how much I liked Indiana's boots.
    And you know boots are better than boyfriends anyway. Boots are useful, stylish, supportive, and don't just look silly in black leather.

    ReplyDelete