My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December

My favorite month of all time and it just keeps getting better as the years go on. Why, you ask?
Well, to begin with my birthday is in December. I love birthdays. I am not one of those people who find them unimportant, depressing, or lame. I don't get embarrassed when people sing happy birthday to me in public, and I don't mind celebrating numerous times over a week-long period.

Then, after my personal little holiday are the birthdays of three of my nieces, one of my nephews, my brother (ok its the last day of November, but close enough), and my best friend since childhood.

Then we have the holidays, which are cool and we all know about them. Great shopping, exchanging gifts, all the good stuff. I always go home. See a movie and hit up the beach on Christmas and eat some very Jewish Chinese food if I am lucky. I can recall the last 5 years of Christmas' by the movies I have seen on that date. (Sherlock Holmes 2009, Yes Man 2008, Juno 2007, Night at the Museum 2006, Cheaper by the Dozen 2005, Lemony Snickett 2004....)

Enjoying my first snowfall on my 24th birthday in New York
But then, the best part of December is that it goes out with a bang: New Years Eve. The best holiday of the year if you ask me, its kind of like the calendar saved the best for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment