My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eternal Sunshine

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is by far one of my favorite movies. Although I haven't seen it in a very long time, it still manages to be thought provoking even in its absence. It makes me wonder how far people will go to forget pain and anguish. If you could erase someone from your memory who has hurt you deeply, would you do it?  Are memories the hardest part of walking away? While the upshot of this movie is that the good memories were too strong to erase, it denies a certain recognition of the tipping point where the good no longer outweighs the bad. This musing is definitely based upon hindsight of a film that has influenced me greatly but still remains somewhat of a shadow in my mind. I have added it to my mental queue of films to see again  and I might even muse about it at a later time. For now, I've added a couple of clips...


Here is a music video of this film set to Coldplay:



And of course, the official trailer:

1 comment:

  1. One thing that I hope is never erased is memories of the beach--any beach.
    XO

    ReplyDelete