My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Thursday, December 9, 2010

My First Rock Concert in Years



Last night I had the chance to see Switchfoot and American Bang at the 99x Mistletoe Jam. A few hours before the show a friend gave me the tickets because she couldn't make it and I got to go. It was pretty awesome, these were pit tickets and I stood in front of the stage most of the night.



I hadn't heard of American Bang before, but they put on an excellent show nonetheless. I was totally impressed with their music and performance on stage. Heavy rock, great lead vocals, and really good musicians overall. I think we can expect good things from this Nashville based band.

Switchfoot was off the hook. They are even better live than they are on the radio and really know how to put on a show.



While I really liked the music, I was shocked that there wasn't a mosh pit. Makes me wonder if its my age, or the fact that this was the first rock show I have been to outside of California. Who knows? But either way, I really lucked out with this show last night!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!! I'm so glad you got to go!!! And when I see this Santa Barbara pic in your sidebar, it makes me homesick to see those mountains...so California!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete