My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Friday, December 10, 2010

Insomnia

It's 5am and I can't seem to wind down for bed. After writing letters and poems that I will never send to the addressee who is plaguing my thoughts, I need something else. Naturally, I reach out of my mind and straight for my blog to put the heavy thoughts away and engage with the world in lighter way.

I am a huge fan of music and have been all of my life. It seems as though I am never at a loss for a song to suit the situation. No matter how I am feeling, a song always seems to come to mind that encapsulates the given moment or emotion. While in the days before internet you had to rely on memory, CDs and radio, now any song that comes to mind can be pulled up with ease.

This morning's tune is Shattered by OAR. The refrain, "turn the car around" keeps running through my mind like there is no tomorrow as it suits my deeper philosophical questions (usually it goes through my head when I am driving, but not today). Can we ever turn the car around when we are not the only ones driving?

No comments:

Post a Comment