My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Monday, December 13, 2010

Wasted Away Again in Breakup-Ville

Love is by far the most disappointing promise in life. We grow up being told that when we get older we will find the "one" and be happy for the rest of our lives. That is the most unfulfilled promise I can think of. Love changes, people change, they distrust one another and do horrifying things in the name of love.

People often reference the idea that religion has been the justification for more murders and warfare than anything else. I think that love is far worse. It is the justification for more abuse, hurt, anger and the gamut of negative emotions than anything else.

I am pretty sure I am destined to be a spinster. Too bad I don't like cats. But the perennial broken heart is far worse than being alone.

As always, I look to Woody Allen for break-up advice.I guess it's better than listening to REM, U2 or  resorting to the cliche Gloria Gaynor.


No comments:

Post a Comment