My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Monday, December 27, 2010

Building a Bridge (and getting over it)

A week with one's mother can do wonders for the heart. A few days in New Orleans can revive a sad soul. Unexpected visits with dear old friends can bring back remembrances of why we a social creatures that need to have fun and be merry with one another. Needless to say, I think I am a different person than I was when I arrived on Wednesday with a broken heart.

I'm getting back to work, hitting the books by day and the bars by night. I saw my old friend last night who happens to be visiting here from Austin with her jet-setting boyfriend. I've rediscovered my center of gravity, regained composure, and rocked a few pool tables since I arrived. I don't know when I will go back to Atlanta, since I brought all my clothes and books I don't have much to worry about. I might just stay here to bring in the New Year, I can't wait for 2010 to be over.


Tonight the New Orleans Saints are playing against the Atlanta Falcons. I'm hitting the local bars and rooting against Atlanta. I guess you could call me a traitor, but Atlanta has never been my favorite place and New Orleans is much cooler. Until then, it's back to academic writing!

1 comment:

  1. You 2 look so cute! And it must have been so fun to see each other! I'm thrilled that your bridge is finally under construction--that rocks!!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete