My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Friday, December 24, 2010

Voodoo Haircuts and the Holidays

Today has been the girliest day ever. Mom and I started the day with a trip to the salon. I got an awesome haircut and blow dry. While I usually argue that the nail salon is my personal panacea, the hair salon works just fine. An awesome dude did my hair and offered me voodoo advice for my current breakup. I laughed, but refused to provide an object my ex has given me to conjure voodoo. Only in New Orleans will your gay hair dresser offer you a shoulder to cry on and a voodoo doll!


Following our trip to the salon, we went and had awesome food at a pan-Asian buffet. The sushi chef made me some spicy tuna rolls to order, and I was stuffed by the end of the meal. We finished off the evening by shopping at a local store. Surprisingly, the place was almost empty, maybe people in New Orleans just don't feel the 2 days before Christmas compulsion to shop as folks in other cities do.


Now we're chilling and listening to Buena Vista Social Club, I got my mom hooked!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you made it "home" for the holidays. Looks you and your mom had a great time. Happy holidays to all! Tammy

    ReplyDelete