My vice and vision, a version of verisimilitude...only because when I write I'm in that funky kind of mood

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Karma

This is a tale of an interesting twist that I cannot resist writing down.

The background: My roommate has been going through a spate of bad luck that doesn't seem to be getting any better.

The setting: the ladies room of a Monday night comedy club.

What happened: My roommate overheard a woman crying on the phone in the bathroom. She was asking someone to come down to the bar and bring cash because her credit card had been declined for her bar tab. My roommate, thinking that she needs to do something about her own bad luck decides to help the woman out. She tells this woman that she'll pay her tab, and writes down her phone number so this woman can call her later and pay her back when she has the chance.

My roommate comes out of the bathroom and tells me about this. She says that she did it because she needs to do something about her karma --this bad luck has to change.

After we got home later, the woman from the bar sent my roommate a text to make arrangements to pay her back tomorrow.

The twist: it turns out the woman from the bar is named Karma. 


1 comment:

  1. This is totally unreal!! And I think it's a sign from God for Leah to hold on and know things will improve.
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete